KWD is a community minded team of design professionals, dedicated to realising dreams with innovative, streamlined and worry free solutions for our clients. Experts in hard finishes, KWD specify, source and supply solutions for all your hard finish requirements. KWD has the experience, the contacts and the buying power to get your project completed with exceptional results, smoothly and efficiently. If you have a new build or renovation, in a residential, commercial or multi-density property, KWD has the solution for you.
POOL TILES: To achieve an elegantly finished pool, newly created, but seemingly having been there forever, there are a few tricks of the trade to consider:
1) Carry the coping material into the waterline of the pool
2) Start the pool tiling just under the waterline (this helps reduce the build-up of ‘scum’ at the waterline)
3) Choose classic tiles, like 48×48, or 58×58 mosaics – very old school, yet elegant
4) Don’t be afraid to use a mottled tile. Tiles look very different when under water
5) Understand that tiles change the colour of the water. If you are unsure, order a square metre of the tiles, and create a “pond” in the yard, and fill it with water. This will give you an indication of what the water will look like.
6) Remember that depending on the light, the tiles will appear to change colour (ie in sunlight versus in cloud-cover)
7) Dark coloured coping will retain heat, whilst pale coloured coping reflects the light, so will create glare.
8) Pool copings can be created from any stone by a stonemason. Various edges can be achieved, from square-edged, to rounded bullnoses.
Contact Kate Walker to discuss and view the latest pool tiles available